VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2019
The Village of Lake Orion Board of Zoning Appeals will hold a Public Hearing on Appeal No. A-19-02 at the Lake Orion Village Hall, 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362, on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM in the Council Chambers.
This Public Hearing relates to 320 Peninsular Avenue (Parcel ID Numbers 09-03-430-017). A complete legal description of the property is on file in the Village Offices. The subject site is located within the Village of Lake Orion in the RL (Lake Single Family Residential) Zoning District.
The applicant proposes to build a combined boat house and accessory structure adjacent to an existing single family residential structure. The proposal requires the following variance from the Zoning Ordinance:
1. ARTICLE 13, GENERAL PROVISIONS, SECTION 13.11.D ACCESSORY – BUILDINGS and STRUCTURES, BOAT HOUSES and BOAT HOISTS, PARAGRAPH – 3(a)
– 14.00 feet maximum permitted (to peak of roof)
– 22.50 feet proposed (to peak of roof)
– 8.50 foot variance requested
* Boat house height is measured as the distance above the ordinary high water mark. Boathouse height is not calculated as an average of the grade on all 4 sides*
Interested parties are welcome to attend the Public Hearing and offer comments. Written comments will be accepted prior to the date and time of the Public Hearing by the Village Clerk. The plan and supporting documentation will be available for inspection and additional information may be obtained by contacting Village Offices at (248) 693-8391, ext. 102 or visiting the Village Office located at 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362 during regular business hours, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In the spirit of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals with a disability should feel free to contact the Village office, at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting, if requesting accommodations.
Susan C. Galeczka, CMC CMMC