VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS
THURSDAY, FEBRUARY 21, 2019
The Village of Lake Orion Board of Zoning Appeals will hold a Public Hearing on Appeal No. A-19-01 at the Lake Orion Village Hall, 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362, on Thursday, February 21, 2019 at 7:30 PM in the Council Chambers.
This Public Hearing relates to 67 Crescent Avenue (Parcel ID Numbers 09-02-355-005). A complete legal description of the property is on file in the Village Offices. The subject site is located within the Village of Lake Orion in the RL (Lake Single Family Residential) Zoning District.
The applicant proposes to build an addition and attached garage to an existing single family residential structure. The proposal requires the following three (3) variances from the Zoning Ordinance:
1. ARTICLE 12, SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS, SECTION 12.02 TABLE – RL ZONING DISTRICT
Front (Street) Yard Setback
– 25.00 feet minimum required
– 18.00 feet proposed
– 7.00 foot variance requested
2. ARTICLE 12, SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS, SECTION 12.02 TABLE – RL ZONING DISTRICT
Side Yard Setback (south)
– 5.00 feet minimum required
– 2.00 feet proposed
– 3.00 foot variance requested
3. ARTICLE 12, SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS, SECTION 12.02 TABLE – RL ZONING DISTRICT
– 40.00 % maximum permitted (1,934.8 sq. ft permitted)
– 39.00 % existing (1,885 sq. ft
– 49.03 % proposed (2,372 sq. ft)
– 9.03 % variance requested (437.20 sq. ft)
Interested parties are welcome to attend the Public Hearing and offer comments. Written comments will be accepted prior to the date and time of the Public Hearing by the Village Clerk. The plan and supporting documentation will be available for inspection and additional information may be obtained by contacting Village Offices at (248) 693-8391, ext. 102 or visiting the Village Office located at 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362 during regular business hours, 9:00 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In the spirit of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals with a disability should feel free to contact the Village office, at least seventy-two (72) hours in advance of the meeting, if requesting accommodations.
Susan C. Galeczka, CMC CMMC