Michigan seniors (ages 50-plus) can now register for the 2020 Michigan Senior Winter Olympics.
Michigan Senior Olympics is an annual event that was created to promote healthy lifestyles among Michigan’s elderly population through organizing state games, sports competitions, health, fitness, nutrition and wellness programs.
Athletes will participate in 5-year age groups.
Events will run from Feb. 5 to Feb. 16. Events include:
• Ice Hockey (Men’s 60-and-over and 70-and over divisions) Feb. 5-7 at Troy Sports Center.
• Bocce Ball – Feb. 5 at Palazzo di Bocce in Lake Orion.
• Basketball (Free Throw and 3-Point Contest) – Feb. 16 at Oakland Fieldhouse.
• Billiards – Feb. 8 at OPC Senior Center.
• Bowling – Feb. 7-8 at Classic Lanes.
• Cornhole – Feb. 15 at Roger’s Roost.
• Indoor Track and Field – Feb. 11 at Macomb Community College.
• Powerwalk and Racewalk – Feb. 11 at Macomb Community College.
• Pickleball – Feb. 9-11 at Lifetime Fitness in Rochester.
• Powerlifting – Feb. 9 at Strength Depot, in Plymouth.
• Table Tennis – Feb. 7 at Fenton Table Tennis Club.
• DanceSport – Feb. 16 at Royal Park Hotel
To register for the Senior Olympics, visit michiganseniorolympics.org or contact Becky Ridky at 248-608-0252.
All events are free to attend. — M.K.