VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION
PUBLIC HEARING NOTICE
BOARD OF ZONING APPEALS
The Village of Lake Orion Board of Zoning Appeals will hold a Public Hearing on Appeal No. A-16-07 at the Lake Orion Village Hall, 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362, on Thursday, June 16, 2016 at 7:30 PM In the Council Chambers.
This Public Hearing relates to 289 N. Park Boulevard (Parcel ID Number 09-02-405-OD1). A complete legal description of the property is on file in the Village Offices. The subject site Is located within the Village of Lake Orion in the CC (Commercial Corridor) Zoning District. The applicant proposes to construct an addition to an existing commercial business. The request will require two (2) variances from the Zoning Ordinance, as follows:
1. ARTICLE 12. SECTION 12.02. SCHEDULE OF REGULATIONS FOOTNOTE f – CC ZONING DISTRICT
Commercial Adjacent to
– 20.00 feet required
Residential Required Yard
– 8.00 feet (to existing structure)
– 8.00 feet proposed (to proposed addition)
– 11.00 foot variance requested
2. ARTICLE 17, NONCONFORMITIES; SECTION 17.04. NONCONFORMING STRUCTURES, sub-section B. ENLARGEMENT, EXTENSION, OR ALTERATION, sub-section 1.b. Increase in nonconformity prohibited b., to allow for the proposed addition which would increase the degree of nonconformity of the structures on the site with respect to dimensional requirements of the ordinance.
Interested parties are welcome to attend the Public Hearing and offer comments. Written comments will be accepted prior to the date and time of the Public Hearing by the Village Clerk, 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362. The plan and supporting documentation will be available for inspection and additional information may be obtained by contacting Village Offices at 248 693-8391, ext. 102 or visiting the Village Office located at 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI 48362 during regular business hours, 9:00 a.m.-4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday.
In the spirit of compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, individuals with a disability should feel free to contact the Village office, at least seventy-two (72) hours In advance of the meeting, if requesting accommodations.
Posted: May 31, 2016
Mailed: June 1, 2016
Published: May 31, 2016
VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION