* * * * * NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING * * * * *
The Charter Township of Orion Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on Monday, March 13, 2023,
at 7:00pm at the Orion Township Municipal Complex, 2323 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan
48360, on the following matter:
AB-2023-03, Metro Detroit Signs for Culver’s, 4979 Grand Ave., 09-32-400-099
The petitioner is seeking variances from Sign Ordinance #153 & Zoning Ordinance #78 – Zoned BIZ
1. A variance for 3 wall signs above the allowed 1 wall sign for a total of 4 wall signs totaling 134.06-sq. ft.
2. A variance for 1 ground sign above the 1 allowed for a total of 2 ground signs.
3. A 30.07-ft. front yard setback variance for a ground sign to be 9.93-ft. from the front property line (south).
4. A 9.49-ft. side yard setback variance for a ground sign to be 10.51-ft. from the side property line (east).
You may send correspondence regarding this case to the Charter Township of Orion, 2323 Joslyn Rd., Lake
Orion, MI 48360 to the attention of the Zoning Board of Appeals or send an email to
email@example.com. You may also attend the public hearing in-person to express your views and/or
A copy of the proposed ZBA application is on file in the Planning & Zoning Department and may be viewed
between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, until the date of the public hearing.
Orion Township will provide necessary and reasonable auxiliary aids, and services for individuals with
disabilities at the public hearing upon advance notice by writing or calling Penny S. Shults, Township Clerk,
2323 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360; (248) 391-0304, ext. 4001. Please contact the Clerk’s office at
least 72 hours in advance of the public hearing.
Dan Durham, Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals
Charter Township of Orion