Orion Twp. ZBA Public Hearing — AB-2022-36, Mat Dunaskiss and Pete & Nancy Smilanic

* * * * * NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING * * * * *

The Charter Township of Orion Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on Monday, August 22,
2022, at 7:00 p.m. at the Orion Township Municipal Complex, 2323 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion,
Michigan 48360, on the following matter:
AB-2022-36, Mat Dunaskiss and Pete & Nancy Smilanic, vacant parcel 2 parcels south of 576
Cushing St., 09-03-278-027
The petitioner is seeking 8 variances from Zoning Ordinance #78 – Zoned R-3
Article VI, Section 6.04
1. A 10.25-ft front yard setback variance from the required 30-ft., to build a house with a
deck 19.75-ft. from the front property line (lakeside).
2. A 17-ft. rear yard setback variance, from the required 35-ft., to build a house 18-ft. from
the rear property line (Cushing St.).
3. A 1-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 8-ft. to build a house 7-ft. from the
side property line (north)
4. A 1-ft. Side yard setback variance from the required 8-ft. to build a house 7-ft. from the
side property line (south).
5. A 10.18-ft. height variance from the required 30-ft. to build a house 40.18-ft. high.
6. 14.85% lot coverage variance from the required 25% for a total lot coverage of 39.85%.
Article XXVII
7. 8-ft. side yard setback variances for retaining walls to be 0-ft. from the property lines,
north & south
8. A 5.25-ft. wetland setback variance, from the required 25-ft., to build a house with a deck
19.75-ft. from a wetland (lake).
You may send correspondence regarding this case to the Charter Township of Orion, 2323 Joslyn Rd., Lake
Orion, MI 48360 to the attention of the Zoning Board of Appeals or send an email to
lharrison@oriontownship.org. You may also attend the public hearing in-person to express your views and/or
concerns.
A copy of the proposed ZBA application is on file in the Planning & Zoning Department and may be viewed
between the hours of 8:30am to 4:30pm, Monday through Friday, until the date of the public hearing.
Orion Township will provide necessary and reasonable auxiliary aids, and services for individuals with
disabilities at the public hearing upon advance notice by writing or calling Penny S. Shults, Township Clerk,
2323 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360; (248) 391-0304, ext. 4001. Please contact the Clerk’s
office at least 72 hours in advance of the public hearing.
Dan Durham, Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals
Charter Township of Orion

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.