NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
The Charter Township of Orion Zoning Board of Appeals will hold a public hearing on Monday, February 10, 2020, at 7:00 pm in the lower level of the Orion Township Hall, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360, on the following matter:
AB-2020-04, Outdoor One Communications LLC, 09-35-100-019
The petitioner is requesting 5 variances from Sign Ordinance 153:
Section 8 – Billboard Signs:
1. A 2,414-ft. distance variance from the required 2,640-ft. from an existing billboard (north of Aladdin Heating & Cooling) to be 226-ft. from an existing billboard.
2. A 1,040-ft. distance variance from the required 2,640-ft. from an existing billboard (south of Kay Industrial Drive, north of Northpointe Dr.) to be 1,600-ft. from an existing billboard.
3. A 404.4-ft. distance variance from the required 2,640-ft. from an existing billboard (Kensington) to be 2,235.6-ft. from an existing billboard.
4. A 312-ft. distance variance from the required 1,500-ft. from a residentially zoned area to be 1,188-ft. from the nearest residential property.
5. A 10-ft. side yard setback variance from the required 25-ft. side yard setback to erect a billboard 15-ft. from the side property line (south).
You may send correspondence regarding this case to the Orion Township Hall, addressed to the Zoning Board of Appeals, or you may attend the public hearing to express your views and/or concerns.
A complete copy of the proposed ZBA application is on file in the Planning & Zoning Department and may be examined during normal business hours, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, Monday through Friday, until the date of the public hearing.
Orion Township will provide necessary and reasonable auxiliary aids, and services for individuals with disabilities at the public hearing upon advance notice by writing or calling Penny S. Shults, Township Clerk, 2525 Joslyn Road, Lake Orion, Michigan 48360; (248) 391-0304, ext. 4001. Please contact the Clerk’s office at least 72 hours in advance of the public hearing.
Loren Yaros, Chairman
Zoning Board of Appeals
Charter Township of Orion