ORION TOWNSHIP LIBRARY BOARD
May 26, 2005
Present: Alexis lveson, James J. Abramczyk, Jim Phillips, Tom Traurig, MaryAnne Thorndycraft, trustees; Linda Sickles, director. Excused: Mary Pergeau, Trustee
Guest: Roger Hitchcock, CPA, Andrews Hooper and Pavlik, PLC.
Meeting called to order at 7:06 p.m.
1. Agenda approved as amended.
2. Roger Hitchcock from Andrews, Hooper and Pavlik, PLC, reviewed the 2004 financial audit.
3. Consent agenda approved.
4. Circulation for month of April increased 12.18% over April 2004.
5. The library was notified by the Library of Michigan that it was the second library in the state to qualify for “excellence” certification.
6. American Library Association awarded “Best of Show” for 2003 annual report. Award to be presented at ALA annual conference in June.
7. Approved revised Public Services Policy
8. Approved new Purchasing Policy
9. Approved revised Human Resources Policy
10. Approved moving July board meeting date to July 27 at 7:00 p.m.
11. Special Board meeting scheduled for Thursday June 9, at 6:00 p.m. to review findings of focus group interviews.
Meeting adjourned at 9:30 p.m.
Next regular meeting is scheduled for Thursday, June 16, 2005 at the library at 7:00 p. m.