VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION
NOTICE OF PUBLIC HEARING
OF NECESSITY OF A SPECIAL ASSESSMENT
BY THE VILLAGE OF LAKE ORION
FOR BRIDGE STREET SEAWALL PROJECT
MONDAY, SEPTEMBER 23, 2019 at 7:30 PM
TO ALL OWNERS OF THE FOLLOWING DESCRIBED PROPERTIES AND ALL OTHER INTERESTED PARTIES:
PLEASE TAKE NOTICE that in accordance with MCL 41.721 and the Village of Lake Orion Code of Ordinances Chapter 12 the Lake Orion Village Council has tentatively declares its intention to proceed specifically improve the seawall on Bridge Street and will consider tentatively approving and tentatively designating a special assessment district to assist with the costs of this project;
1. The Lake Orion Village Council, at its regular meeting of August 26, 2019 received the report of the Village Manager as to the improvements to the seawall on Bridge Street including plans, specifications and estimates of cost;
2. The Bridge Street Seawall Project consists of the installation of an approximate 70-foot new 12-inch concrete seawall, approximately 4 feet tall with reinforced steel, pinned to existing footing, install tie backs, 4-inch edge drain and removal of existing wall.
3. The full estimated cost of the Bridge Street Seawall Project is $135,000 with the potential estimated costs of the Special Assessment District is $40,000.
4. The Lake Orion Village Council has tentatively declares its intention to initiate the project and tentatively designated the following-described parcels as a special assessment district against which at least a part of the cost of said project is to be assessed to the owners over a period not to exceed five (5) years and assessed on the tax roll.
Village of Lake Orion, Oakland County Michigan
lying along Bridge Street including the
parcels and lots as identify as follows:
5. The Lake Orion Village Council will meet on Monday, September 23, 2019 at 7:30 PM, Michigan Time, in the Council Chambers in Village Hall located 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, Michigan, to hear objections to the necessity of the project improvements and to the Special Assessment District thereof;
6. The said report, together with the plans, specifications and cost estimates of the improvements are on file at the Office of the Village Clerk and are available for public inspection and are available on the Village of Lake Orion website at www.lakeorion.org
7. The owner or any person having an interest in property that is to be specially assessed may file a written appeal with the Michigan Tax Tribunal within 30 days after confirmation of the Special Assessment Roll. However, appearance and protest at the public hearing are required in order to appeal the special assessment to the Michigan Tax Tribunal. An owner or other party in interest of his or her agent may (1) appear in person at the hearing to protest the special assessment or (2) file his or her appearance on protest by letter before the close of the hearing. The Village Council shall maintain a record of parties who appear to protest at the hearing.
8. Mail all correspondence to the Village Clerk at 21 E. Church Street, Lake Orion, MI. 48362 or vial email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For additional information please contact Joseph Young, Village Manager, at 248-693-8391 Ext. 101 during regular business hours or via email at email@example.com.
Susan C. Galeczka, CMC CMMC
Publish: The Lake Orion Review –
September 4, 2019 and September 11, 2019
Posted: September 4, 2019